Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Cycle


From The beginning of my journey into the fashion industry I have always been a huge believer in sustainable fashion, As much as I appreciate, accept and use synthetic materials I also believe it's important to not waste fabric and to always try and find a use for something. Recycling and up-cycling is a significant part of Leren Connor, I strongly believe that giving something a new lease of life is just as beautiful as creating something from scratch. Over the years I have worked on many sustainable fashion projects from a denim collection to festival gear but my latest collection takes you through 'The Cycle' from combining handmade and up-cycled materials together



I decided to call it The Cycle for more of a play on the overall aesthetics of up-cycling but also wanted to portray how up-cycling comes into play from chucking things away, scrap fabric, odd findings, a touch of handmade and finally pulling that all together to give material a new lease of life. This collection was inspired by a sequel of vintage looks (another great love of mine) but with a modern twist, it takes you through a path of elegance to an essence of evasive.



The view the rest of the collection head over to my portfolio. As always I'd hear to here your thoughts and feedback so please, I urge you to leave a comment. I'd love to hear what you think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment