Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome...2014

  First of I would like to apologize for this post being a few days late! I would like to wish you all a happy New year and I hope you have all had a great start to the year! It's been a pretty crazy week for me as I've solely been focusing on getting my dissertation for uni finished as its very near the deadline for hand in, as you can all imagine I'm super excited to just get it finished and handed in so I can get back to being creative and finishing my collection I started before Christmas.
  I would like to thank you all for taking time out to read my blog and seeing what Leren Connor is all about, last year was a great year for me, I learned and gained so much about my self and the business. Because of that I have a clearer direction of where I want to be and what else I want to achieve. I have set my self some personal resolutions such as being more healthy and to shop more in charity shops rather than on the high street. Some easy ones considering I do both anyway, I just want to do it more. In terms of the business it's simple, to be better than last year! Easier said than done I know but I do love a challenge, I'm lucky I have a friend who's also a colleague who wants the same things so we have already had a new year cuppa and set our self some projects and goals! One of the main goals for the blog is to make it more effective and efficient, we both want our readers to enjoy what they see and to really get a clear idea of what Leren Connor and House of  Denham is about! This year is also being focused on doing collaborations with more designers, photographers and models, I loved doing them last year and collaborating is a great way to push boundaries and get more people on board with what I do. I have already been busy planning a few with my first one being at the end of January in Manchester. I have so much more material to work with this year from, photo shoots, uni work, jewellery and those all important collaborations.

Late year I was lucky to work with a local model called Gingerface, she's amazing to work with and very versatile with her modeling work so I naturally jumped at the chance to work with her when she came knocking to borrow my clothes. Today's title pic is a sneak peak into what she and another model got up to whilst looking fabulous in some Leren Connor pieces. I will be doing another post solely on this photoshoot once I have the rest of the images.

And Finally until the next post, I wanted to show you all the collection I'm working on this month. The images are sneaky peaks and simply taken upon the mannequins in the studio at university, I actually started using the red/blue check fabric for another collection I started working on but after making the piece I realised that I was seeing two separate collections so had to make that difficult choice of choosing which collection to put down for the time being and which to carry on with. I choose this one! All the fabric is Paul Smith (I know, totally cool) the designs are simple yet effective with a tomboyish style and an edgy touch, the look I'm going for is a relaxed, layerd and casual. I look forward to doing the shoot and showing you guys the images.


Until the next time, stay blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment