Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Textile Design Continued



Hello, Victoria here from House of Denham, guest blogging for Leren this week. As I'm sure you all know, at my best pal Leren Connor is at an all time busy peak. I can however assue you that her final collection for university is going to be well worth the wait and so as not to keep you on tenderhooks until then I did some snooping around today. Well here it is a sneak preview the final textile design that I did for Leren Connor's forth coming collection. It arrived yesterday so this morning I hot footed it down to Markeaton Campus to see the finished material and check out Leren as she was hard at work laser printing her newest designs on some gorgeous leather.  I was so relieved to find she was happy with it and that all of the script I sat and painstakingly typed out had come through clearly. This piece of material is destined to live out it's life as a suit, below is also a preview of the next design that is going to be lining for another suit, which is currently on it's way to the printers.  This is actually made up of small tiles of collage taken from the comic strip Leren commission from the talented illustrator Drew Askew but I'm not going to show you in detail because I don't want to spoil the surprise.


I haven't been to Markeaton Campus since I graduated nearly five years ago (I worked it out today and was staggered), so I was quite nice to check the place out. It was a newly built campus when I was there but now it seems a really well settled art, design and technology hub. I've also heard a lot about this laser cutter but never seen one in action so Leren gave me a small tour and showed me it in action. It was really quite impressive and so exiting to see all the individual aspects starting to come together. As always, I snapped a few pics of Leren at work. She went from studious verging on sullen as she carefully imput the instructions into the computer to downright giddy with excitement as it started to do it's magic.  





No comments:

Post a Comment