Sunday, June 29, 2014


    Hello guys, I haven't blogged for a few weeks and I apologies for my lack of updates, the truth is
    now that I've finished uni I've had some time off away from my laptop I haven't been doing much
    of the networking side of things and have taken some time off from my laptop. The truth is the
    last couple of months at uni I spent so much of my time doing uni work on my laptop as well as
    keeping up to date with the blog and my other networking sites that I needed a break from staring
    at my screen every night. It's out my system now and back on full form.
    So the last few months have been crazy, schools out and I've had a great response from my
    graduate collection and I'm still working hard to get it out to people, at the beginning of the month
    it was the graduate fashion show for Derby University where my collection was showcased along
    side all my fellow 3rd year fashion buddies, I was so pleased with how the Jokers Quinn looked
    with all the cards moving exactly how I visioned they would! I got some lovely compliments and
    was over ecstatic with the whole show, a great ending for studying five years at University. I'm
    still waiting for some of the professional images but here's some I managed to snap from the show
    so I apologies for the quality.


   

 
  
   It's been great being able to be in the studio full time now, I signed the contract for it whilst at
   uni but wasn't using the space due to being at uni every day but it was wonderful having the space
   as soon as I finished. I've had an intern since March who's still with me now and whilst I was busy
   with my studies he was working on mood boards and colour boards for my S/S15 collection which
   is now in full swing, I don't want to give to much away as this is going to be my biggest colletion
   to date (in terms of pieces) and it's also very different to my usual ideas which can sometimes be a
   little eccentric and "out there" we've been busy in the studio and it feels great! I'm so inspired and
   so eager to make and be creative everyday which is a drastic change to how I felt whilst I was
   working at home, the studio has certainly helped my creative side as well as my motivation.
   here's some snaps of some of the pieces for the new collection.

 



 

   I've also been working on a new jewellery collection, again I don't want to give to much away as
   it's a Jewellery collection that also coincides with my S/S15 clothing collection. I did however take
   a few pieces to a craft fair I did last weekend and they went down really well! I'm really pleased
   how the colours work together, I've been working with some beautiful beads and agate glass as well
   as starting to play around with feathers which is something I've wanted to do for a while. I would
   also like to point out that I have great customers, at my latest fair I had my favorite flowers (lilies)
   brought for me.

 




   

   During my Last month at uni I was also commissioned to make two bridesmaids dresses for a very
   close friend of mine, the dresses are simple and exactly how she wanted them and it was truly an
   honor to make them and be apart of her special day in more ways than one! Again I'm waiting to
   get my hands on the professional images, as I want to dedicate a blog post just for her and her
   special day as it certainly was an incredibly beautiful day, but here is a 'bridesmaid selfie' to keep
   you going!

  


   Thank you for stopping by, Adios Amigos!  
   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment