Sunday, October 6, 2013

Designer of the Week...Francis Bitoni






Well I have fallen in LOVE with this amazing designer Francis Bitoni, I came across him whilst researching for my final collection at uni, He instantly inspired me and I was mesmerized by his creations. He's a incredibly innovative designer and in a way a bit sci-fi, he looks to the future of design and technology and creates his products around that! He has opened my imagination even more to the world of design as well as taking my ideas to a different level for my collection.

My favourate piece is Dita's Gown, its beautiful in such a raw crazy way. Its made out of articulated fabric which is formed by self assembling synthetic fibers...pretty cool!

“I see the value of the studio not in the objects that we make but in our approach to design.
Our most valuable asset is our methodology.”

-Francis Bitonti on Francis Bitonti Studio




No comments:

Post a Comment